The children of Casa Hogar attend school Monday through Friday and follow a schedule throughout the day. Many of them stay with extended family members on the weekends and over school holidays. In their free time,they love having visitors who will throw a ball, play a game or share a hug. Most of these children come from difficult family situations and cherish the attention and kindness of visitors. The children primarily speak Spanish but don’t let the language barrier stop you – a smile translates into any language!
If you would like to visit or volunteer at Manos de Amor please contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are just a few of the things you can volunteer for:
- Helping with homework or English lessons
- Interacting with children by reading to them in Spanish or English
- Helping with the laundry. We have a lot of kids and lots of dirty laundry every day!
- Organizing the clothes cupboards
- Painting touch-ups, simple plumbing and electric fixes
- Yard work and general maintenance
- Planning a pizza party for the kids, grilling some hot dogs or hamburgers—they love special lunch or dinner parties
- Assisting with arts and craft projects—all kids love those
- Planning a field trip to the beach or a movie for the whole group. We will help you get other volunteers to assist.
- Giving some hugs, pats on the heads and smiles—all the kids benefit from those loving gestures.
KEEP IN MIND THE AGES OF THE CHILDREN AT MANOS DE AMOR WOULD BE 2 YEARS – 14 YEARS OLD BOTH GIRLS AND BOYS
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING, SPONSORING AN EVENT OR PARTY FOR THE KIDS?
- CONTACT: KAREN MCKENZIE AT email@example.com
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TELEPHONE: 329-298-3680
FAIR WARNING! Once you’re in the doors of Casa Hogar, you just might not be able to leave – Have fun!