Manos de Amor does not receive any type of government funding – the home is completely dependent on the generous donations of its many friends and sponsors. From tourists who visit once, to volunteers, companies and churches who lend support on an ongoing basis we are grateful for every gift we receive. Here are some ways you can help:
- Cash – American, Canadian, Mexican
- Cheques payable to Manos de Amor por Bahia, a.c.
- Give online here
- Pinol, Fabuloso, Ajax Cleanser, Bleach, Sauvitel (fabric softener), NOW, Dish soap, Laundry Detergent, Pump hand soap, Outdoor brooms, mops.
- Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Kleenex, Zip Lock Bags (medium or large), Foil Paper, Plastic wrap
- Printer Paper, Scotch Tape, Staples, Paper clips, ink toner.
- Kitchen brooms, long handle dust pans, floor mops, dish towels, scrubbing pads, cleaning rags.
- Plates, dishes, glasses.
- Light bulbs 60-100 watt equivalent
- Plastic/Waterproof single mattress covers, bath Towels (Pink/Blue), single fitted sheets, pillowcases
- Wet Wipes, hair brushes and combs, hair barrettes/elastics/clips, Coat hangers
- Frozen/freezable food chicken, beef, fish, vegetables, butter, wieners, ham, sausage, Ice cream, buns, tortillas
- Ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, cooking oil
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Cereal, beans, chocomilk mix, sugar, yogurt, cream, cheese, coffee
- Casual socks girls and boys
- White sport socks boys
- White/navy/red knee-height girls
- Clothing to fit children ages 3-14 years boys and girls
Check with Manos de Amor by email to see what types and sizes of clothing are currently needed. The children at Manos de Amor are 3 – 14 years.
- Glue and glue sticks, poster board paper (white and colors), pencil sharpeners, drawing paper, crayons, pencils, compass, bond paper, scissors, calculators, lined paper, crepe paper
- Games for group play, puzzles, coloring books and crayons, craft kits, dolls and doll clothes, age appropriate DVD’s
- $$$ Donations to purchase tablets for classes
- Google Play gift cards to be used to purchase learning apps and/or other educational apps
- Bluetooth music player (mp3, ipod) and/or bluetooth speakers to play children’s Spanish music throughout the house
- Activity books, coloring books, flashcards, educational games to be used in English classes (PreK – Grade 2)
- First aid kit, band aids, children’s cough syrup, children’s decongestant, children’s Tylenol or other fever reducing medicine, headache medicine for adults and children
Download the Wish List here