Visit and Volunteer
The children of Manos de Amor attend school Monday through Friday.
We offer an introduction program “Tour of Love” for visitors who want to see our home and observe what we do. Come and join us to hear our story and take a walk through our home.
To schedule your “Tour of Love”
For visitors and/or groups who stay in the Banderas Bay for longer periods of time, we offer ongoing volunteer opportunities such as:
- Helping with homework, English lessons and computer lessons.
- Interacting with children by reading to them in Spanish or English.
- Helping with the laundry.
- Painting touch-ups, simple plumbing, electric fixes and general maintenace.
- Yard work.
- Planning a pizza party for the kids, grilling some hot dogs or hamburgers they love special lunch or dinner parties.
- Playing sports a pickup basketball or soccer game or a road hockey game.
- Assisting with arts and craft projects.
- Giving some hugs, pats on the heads and smiles all the kids benefit from those loving gestures.
To volunteer, please send a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org that tells a bit about you and your background. What areas would be of most interest to you and how often would you be available to work?